Sunday, April 20, 2008

Jean CJ d'Elbée "I believe in Love"

At the recommendation of a friend, I started this book on the teachings of St. Thérèse of Lisieux

Some of the things presented at the conference all led to the topic! There was a Catholic bookstore vendor who had this book with them at the conference. I imagine the book will become very popular.

Chapter 1: I am trying to reconcile with the idea that we give all our sins and pains to Jesus, and he gives us his body. It sounds like a bad deal, but then again that reflects God's love. And certainly, it is so easy to abuse our relationship with God! The book is also forcing me to think about St. Thérèse's contribution besides "the little way." I guess I haven't thought about the fiery intimacy with God as being her contribution.

No comments: