Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CIMIT orientation

www.harvard.edu/cimit

Today at work, I went to a CIMIT new investigators meeting. CIMIT is funded by DoD, and funds technology development. We are looking at discovering technologies that can be used for continuous monitoring of patients.

The meeting itself was rather boring: they just listed all the people who newly received this grant. What surprised me was that there were so many smart people in Boston. Certainly, Boston has a lot of universities, but it seems to be so rich in academic collaborations, opportunities, etc.

The challenge for me is to find my own way and create my own niche. Coming here opens many doors as I had hoped, but there is just so much to sort through as to decide what I want to do with my education and career.

No comments: