Saturday, September 29, 2007

Doctoral Defense Saga

I am happy to announce that my PhD defense went well -

I decided to wear a suit, but after walking outside for about 3 minutes, I realized why people just don't wear suits in September in Texas.

Questions were difficult, but I managed to answer them pretty well.

Too bad that I ordered a lot of food, but no one from UGAP came to the defense.. Oh well.
We ended up eating lunch afterwards in the hallway sitting area in ACES. I left out the food for anyone to take, but there are two group of people who picked up food:
1) those who hesitate before taking something
2) others who show no hesitation whatsoever


We went to eat dinner at Korea House on Anderson Ln. Food was good, but they didn't bring any nice, which was rather odd. I was surprised that people were full with not that much food.

Colin got a Wii, so we stayed up too late playing it with Joseph and Sherwin.

Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Doc!